Who runs the plan
A retirement plan like CEIRP can’t manage itself. It takes a dedicated, knowledgeable group of representatives from the participating unions, guilds, councils, regions and crafts from across the country – the CEIRP Retirement Committee.
CEIRP Retirement Committee
The CEIRP Retirement Committee manages the plan, providing oversight and acting in the best interest of members across Canada.
The CEIRP Committee meets regularly with investment specialists and plan consultants to review fund performance.
Their ultimate goal is to provide members with an easy way to grow their savings… for life after work. This includes offering a strong and stable plan with low fees plus meaningful investment choices and supporting education, to enable members to make good financial decisions for retirement.
Your retirement committee
There are also various sub-committees. These are made up of committee members who:
- Carry out the assigned purpose(s) as determined by the committee
- Obtain necessary information and advice to carry out the assigned purpose(s)
- Report to the committee periodically on these activities
- Make recommendations to the committee on strategies, policies, actions and procedures within the time frame established by the committee
- Review the Great-West Life returns on investment
- Negotiate contract renewal with Great-West Life
- Provide regular asset evaluations to the committee
- Liaise with all plan administrators
- Determine policy to be adopted by all
- Ensure consistency between locals
- Discuss problems with Great-West Life/the CRA etc., when necessary
- Meet with Great-West Life regarding administrative issues
- Review all legal documents for presentation to the committee
- Develop governance policy for consideration by the committee
- Code of Conduct
- Develop ongoing communication to the Locals/Guilds and membership (e.g., newsletters, websites, statement inserts, etc.)
- Review the educational needs of the committee members, administrators and plan members