That’s why the Canadian Entertainment Industry Retirement Plan (CEIRP) was created.
And as a member of one of the many participating unions/guilds, it’s a very significant – and important – part of your membership benefits.
CEIRP is a strong, secure, national plan that grew from a seed of an idea
- Started as a Group RRSP in 2004 by IATSE Local 891 – and then it started to grow!
- CEIRP is now the savings & retirement plan for most IATSE Locals, Directors Guild of Canada (DGC), Entertainment Partners Canada and Actsafe Safety Association.
- Collectively, over 25,000 members across Canada are contributing to grow their savings for life after work, with over $645 million in the plan.
Create an easy way to save– and provide flexibility and choice for different savings needs and goals.
Negotiate super-low fees– to help you keep more of your money invested and earning over time.
Provide education opportunities and communication– to help you make good personal decisions about finances and savings.
As membership in the plan grew, CEIRP was able to…
Leverage our size to negotiate lower and lower investment management fees for members; and
Introduce more investing options – CEIRP now offers a:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Non-registered savings plan (NRSP)
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)